Ever wonder what the term 'carbon footprint' really is? Actually it's a measurement of the impact your day to day activities have on the environment and climate change. We saw this Carbon Footprint calculator on another blog recently.
To figure your Carbon Footprint you simply need to answer a few simple questions that take only a few minutes. If you don't like the estimate you get and want to reduce your 'carbon footprint' try some of the following suggestions:
1) Avoid using the dryer. If possible, air dry your clothes
2) Set your washing maching to clean on the cold water cycle
3) Replace light bulbs around your home (and/or office) with Compact Fluourescent or LED bulbs
4) Turn off lights when you leave any room.
5) Regulate the temperature in your house ( 2 degrees can make a huge difference!)
6) Clean and/or replace your air filters on a regular basis. This helps them work more efficiently
7) Turn off the faucet while you're brushing your teeth (will save 25 gallons of water per month!)
9) Unplug and turn off all electronics when you're not using them
Hope this helps and good luck reducing your CARBON FOOT PRINT!